Over 500 Ill From Norovirus Linked to Raw Oysters
This Food Safety Infosheet describes a 2009 outbreak of norovirus linked to consumption of raw oysters, possibly made worse by ill restaurant personnel, at a restaurant in the UK. The outbreak lasted about six weeks at the restaurant because of ongoing transmission at the restaurant.
- Outbreak linked to shellﬁsh, made worse by ill staff
- Fat Duck’s poor food safety practices may have led to further contamination
- Several weaknesses in procedures at the restaurant may have contributed to ongoing transmission including delayed response to the incident and ill staff members
Article first appeared on foodsafetyinfosheets.org.