Outbreak Linked to Cross-Contamination and Ill Staff
This Food Safety Infosheet covers the result of an investigation into a 2009 outbreak of salmonella in the UK, which found lettuce was being washed in the same sink as raw chicken. Raw meats should not be washed.
- 75 ill with salmonellosis after eating at the Tenth Hole Tea Rooms in Southsea (UK)
- Salmonella found in pre-cooked pasta and dishcloths, staff tested positive
- Don’t wash raw meats. Salmonella and other bugs can be sprayed up to three feet away by washing.
Article first appeared on foodsafetyinfosheets.org.