If this is your first time canning, read the USDA’s Complete Guide to Home Canning. This guide explains everything you need to know about canning and food preservation from making jams and jellies to pickling cucumbers to canning meats and poultry. This guide is a trusted, go-to resource for safely making high-quality canned products.
Recommended Tested/Evidence-Based Recipe Sources:
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP) – an online resource for safe home food preservation information that includes the recipes below, recipes from the USDA’s Complete Guide to Home Canning and other recipes that have been research-tested by the University of Georgia
- USDA’s Complete Guide to Home Canning – available online and in print, this guide provides research-tested recipes in addition to safe food preservation information (for the online version, see the link at the beginning of this page)
- So Easy to Preserve (UGA) – this book of research-tested recipes, many of which are also found on the NCHFP website
- The Ball Blue Book, 100th Anniversary Edition (Jarden, 2009/2010) – research-tested recipes by the popular canning jar brand, Ball
- Canning and Home Food Preservation
Looking to start your own food preservation business? Visit our Small Businesses page for information about getting started.