Retail Food Safety Programs
NC State food safety training programs are designed to provide consistent, evidence-based programs targeted to specific audiences. Programs are designed incorporating the best available science in food safety and presented considering adult education and behavior theories.
- Safe Plates for Food Managers provides training on food safety standards for managing food safety at retail food establishments
- Virtual Safe Plates for Food Managers uses an online platform, allowing participants to go through our unique Safe Plates for Food Manager Course at their own pace
- Safe Plates for Food Handlers prepares retail food handlers to safely prepare food and promote a positive food safety culture in their work environments
- Retail HACCP Validation and Verification course has been designed, using hands on and interactive methods, to build on basic understanding of HACCP principles and to provide training in applying these principles in a retail environment
- Safe Plates for School Nutrition Staff is a food safety continuing education program for North Carolina Department of Public Instruction Child Nutrition employees