Resources for Small Businesses
- “Rules, food safety, small businesses” (Ben Chapman, NC State University/N.C. Cooperative Extension, NC Extension Conference, Nov. 2016)
- Food Program: I want to start my own food business (Food & Drug Protection Division, NCDA&CS)
- Starting a Home-Based Food Business (Food & Drug Protection Division, NCDA&CS)
- Growing Your Local Food Business in North Carolina: A Guide to Laws and Regulations (Carolina Farm Stewardship, Sept. 2012)
- Minimum Requirements for Food Service Facilities (Transylvania County Dept. of Public Health, Oct. 2013)
- Entrepreneur Initiative for Food (ei4f) (NC State University, Dept. of Food, Bioprocessing & Nutrition Sciences)
Looking to start a home food preservation business? Check out our canning and preserving resources on the Home Food Preservation page.